5 Jan
I simply felt horrible. Exhausted and achy the whole day.
I could barely eat my lunch.
Eyes felt like closing at work.
Alighted at Roxy Square to see a Chinese physician but he left early. Sigh.
Walked back from Roxy. Felt like an old woman.
Totally worn out and slept at 8.30pm. Oh my, for a nocturnal person like me, this is a first.
Horrible day.
6 Jan
Still exhausted but slightly better.
Achy still.
Green bean soup uncle asked me where I 'disappeared' to. Lol. Before I contracted Dengue I ate green bean soup everyday.
Went to Chinatown to see a Chinese physician.
7 Jan
Still achy and exhausted. But getting slightly better.
8 Jan
Walked over to Keong Saik for dinner. Very breathless.
The lovely restaurant Kok Sen (actually zi char coffee shop) was full.
Walked across to a new Thai BBQ place. Awesome service!
Walked to Chinatown, which was not too crowded.
Tired.
9th
The annual visit to Bright hill temple to say 'hi' to my dad. I asked him to quick help me find a new job. Lol.
Lunch at this place called 'Old School Delights'. I could eat my fish and chips without feeling nauseous!
Bro's place, then reunion dinner.
Chinatown agaaaaain. Crazy. Mad. Crowded.
Very tired.
10th Jan
Lovely day with lots of food!
11th Jan
More food!
Mum went out but not before cooking dinner in advance, and pan-frying my favorite pink rice guey just in case I am hungry. There's cheng-tng too. Not bad being a recovering patient. Not bad indeed...
Lots of food plus peace in the house. Awesome day. :p
12th Jan
Cooked up a feast for bro's family and mum, whom came over.
Bro slathered himself and his family in insect repellent. Faints.
Literally stood in kitchen to cook lunch, washed the dishes, cook dinner, washed the dishes, from 8am to 8 pm.
All guests will eat western food going forward. Chinese food is way too complicated even for 4 adults and 2 kids. Imagine big pots of chicken -bone stock (for fish maw soup), dried scallops and oysters stock (for stewed mushrooms and black moss) stewing for hours...
13th Jan
Back to work.
Could carry my bag without feeling that it weighs a ton.
Could walk from bus stop without feeling breathless! Finally!
I think I have recovered after 3 weeks *waves victory sign madly* :D
14 Jan
Uh-oh, neighbor's wife has been hospitalized for Dengue. Youngest son showing dengue symptoms.
I wanna eat sashimi.
The Dengue Get- Well Present from Fangfang
Aww!

No comments:
Post a Comment